Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cupcake Stand Tutorial

These sweet little individual cupcake stands are so easy and affordable to make. They are perfect for parties and the guests can take them home as a party favor. After the party, they can be used to hold trinkets or jewelry.


Materials Needed:

Glass Candle Holders ($1 each from Dollar Tree)
Small Glass or Clear Plastic Plate (I found an 8-pack of clear party plates at the Dollar Tree)
Glue (Hot Glue, E-6000 or Gorilla Glue)
Scrapbook Paper
4" White Doilies
2" wide ribbon



1.) Start by placing glue along the top rim of the candle holder. (I used hot glue, which held temporarily. This would be good if you wanted to disassemble the holders afterwards to use the candle holders for something else. If you want a permanent hold, use e-6000 which dries clear, or Gorilla Glue which has a yellowish color when dry.)


2.) Attach your plate to the candle holder.


3.) Tie your ribbon around the base.

4.) Cut circles from scrapbook paper that are slightly smaller than the plate.

5.) Place the paper circles and a doily on each stand.

That's it! You're done! Easy, easy, easy!!

I wanted to include another option for you. I used a small wooden plaque (found in the unfinished wood section of craft stores), attached it like the plates above, spray painted the entire thing, and then painted polka dots on the top of the plaque, then painted the sides in a contrasting color.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your blog looking for some teaparty ideas, I thought wow somehow they had the perfect stands for cupcakes, it never dawned on me they could be "made", very cute. Now I am just trying to figure out what you have in the beautiful take out boxes as favors?

Leigh Anne Butler said...

The favor boxes had shredded paper and then bags with pink white chocolate covered popcorn. I need to add a pic. Thanks for your sweet words!

Unknown said...

Bautiful,I'm going to do this for my moms 85th birthday tea party. Thanks!