Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day Surprise!!

I have exciting news to share...my sister, Tori is now engaged to be married to a sweet guy, Bryan! I must say this was a total shock....not that he proposed (we were kind of expecting that to happen soon), but how he did.
We all were at Mom and Dad's house Christmas Day opening presents. Bryan brought gifts for everyone, including his gifts for Tori. She opened several gifts from him. Then she opened one of her gifts from Mom and Dad, a leaf blower, which she had been wanting. Then she opened another gift from Bryan, another leaf blower. Well Mom commented, "Oh, we stole your thunder." Well little did we know he had a lot more thunder than a leaf blower! As we all had finished opening our gifts, we were just sitting there talking, looking at what the others had gotten....the usual. Then I look over and Bryan is down on one knee and pulls out a ring. I start yelling at Michael to get the camera recording. (Michael is known for being a little obnoxious with his videoing and of all times, he runs out of battery!!!) I look over and Mama is crying, Daddy is deer in the headlights, and Georgia is saying, "What? What?" It was quite the scene. We are so happy for them and look forward to their wedding (which is planned for August 1st).
Congratulations, Tori and Bryan!!





I had to include this cute picture of Mamaw. She has macular degeneration and is legally blind. She runs over to Tori with her high powered magnifying glass to get a look at the ring!! Too funny!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

That's wonderful! I am so excited for her. Glad ya'll had a good Christmas. Cute pics of the kids.

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Oh the pictures are so good. I am happy for them, can't wait until August!