Friday, February 5, 2016

Mini Mantel Makeover

This year when the Christmas decorations came down, I felt like the mantle/fireplace in our living room needed a little sprucing up.  I decided to plank the space above the mantle and add tile to the fireplace surround.
I love the way it brightened up the space and added a little more of a focal point to that wall.  The windows on each side of the fireplace and built-ins have always made this wall a little busy.  The height the planked wall added definitely helped with making the fireplace the feature of the wall.
I made a small box from some recycled pallet wood my neighbors were throwing out.  A little greenery, a few antique books and a wicker basket were the perfect fit for the box.  I picked up the wicker mirror and glass lanterns from Ross.   
I found these pretty glass tiles at Home Depot to add to the surround.  I like the way it pulled all the colors in the room together. 
I used 4' long craft boards from Lowe's for the planked wall above the mantle.  I needed to find thin boards since they would meet the crown molding at the top.  Our local Lowe's had a great sale after Christmas so I was able to get them for next to nothing. 
 

4 comments:

Judy said...

The mantel looks great....I've been wanting to plank above our fireplace too, just not sure if or when that will ever happen! I'm waiting on our handyman to plank a wall in one of our guestrooms as it and the hall bathroom are getting a much needed makeover.

Have a great weekend!

gbwhatsapp apk said...

In the world today once you have some time limitations, it will become tough to ensue the entire process of meeting somebody find Udaipur Call Girls, befriending them and then linking to them. After all this you're left with strings and duties tied to you personally.

gbwhatsapp apk said...

123movies The mantel looks great....I've been wanting to plank above our fireplace too, just not sure if or when that will ever happen! I'm waiting on our handyman to plank a wall in one of our guestrooms as it and the hall bathroom are getting a much needed makeover.

Scofio morgan said...

Eliminate herpes forever.. with herbal product…

certainly the best online i have seen…

Thanks to robinsonbuckler@yahoo. com I am free from HERPES …………………🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏