Monday, March 9, 2009

Daniel's Here!!!




Daniel Dawson Butler
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
8:19 pm
8 pounds 1 ounce
20 inches

Little Daniel Butler decided to make his appearance two weeks early!! It all happened so fast. I started having contractions Wednesday and by late afternoon they were about 4 minutes apart and very strong. I was told by my doctor to head on to the hospital. I honestly didn't think they would keep me, but we packed the car up and headed to Montgomery. We got to the hospital a little before 5:00 about three hours later we had a beautiful baby boy! My blood pressure was extremely high when we got to the hospital, so they didn't waste any time delivering him. Daniel has an interesting delivery story. I had been told he was breech, but it turned out he was transverse (side to side). The doctor had a really hard time delivering him (actually punching a tech in the eye during the delivery...by accident of course). He told me my delivery ranked in his top three hardest deliveries he'd ever performed and that Daniel was undoubtedly the most awkward positioned baby he'd ever seen. The delivery was stressful on Daniel and he was in "shock" as the nurse put it for awhile after delivery. We are so thankful the Lord saw us through everything and that we have a beautiful new son! I promise to post more pictures soon, so check back!

1 comment:

Leah said...

He is so beautiful!!! Congrats!! I know you are relieved he is here and healthy.